Monday 13 September 2010

First post

Yeah, so this is Jerry Thomas. I'm a sailer from the Netherlands and I wanted to share some real sailing experiences from Holland. (Since I'm from Holland, pardon me the odd grammar mistake. I'm not perfect). So, let's first start with some info about me.

I'm a 19 year old student here in Holland, and I've been sailing for my entire life. I was practically born on a ship. I've been sailing with my parents 'till I was about 18, that was when we got me a boat of my own. It's nothing special, it's a 19 foot long yacht called the Hydra. It belonged to a student who didn't want it anymore. That showed. I practically had to tackle it with a lawnmower when we got it. It took me an entire summer to get the boat into shape. The effort paid off, because I think it looks stunning. You can see in the details that I'm not much of a craftsman, but hey, it's only cosmetics.


I'll post more info about my ship later on, so follow and comment! You might not see me in weekends 'coz I'm a weekend sailor, but I'm not gone every weekend.


Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment